2012. augusztus 17., péntek

Epic fail

Bahh. Yesterday I wanted to go to check out the fish market which supposed to be one of the major sights of Japan... but it was closed. So it was totally worthy to get up at 7 for this sh*t... Anyway I did a massive 9-10 hours long sightseeing trip. What have I done? Visited two really really beautiful gardens, checked out there the ponds, the sights, the plants, animals... it was really great despite the 10000 degrees. And I also got an audioguide in English language so it was pretty interesting. BTW I realized one thing. Usually the elderly Japanese people are more friendly than the young ones. I mean... for the younger generation I think we are just a kind of trouble... language difficulties and stuff. For the pensioners or volunteers (lot of pensioners work in museums as volunteers just to show to other people some wonders of Japan) we are kind of interesting. I mean they have seen more things and I guess they are much more interested in other cultures (probably BC most of their time they lived only in Japan... which is also true for the younger ones. But the older people I guess can see more proper that this is not necessarily good) and that's why. I found a very kind old men who even tried to speak in Hungarian with me. :D It was really nice

Afternoon I checked out two museums. The first was a trap... it was mostly calligraphy which is totally boring for me. It is just Japanese writing marks and signs... which I totally can't understand. I'm sure it's kind of art but for non-Japanese it is not working. Anyway the other was the national gallery... which is tricky. It is really big a beautiful building. It's free but inside most of the sights are pics from "local heroes". Local painters and stuff. So for 0 jen I could see around 2000 (!) paintings and drawings. In the end I was really really tired. I had the opportunity to check out an exhibition also from the Edo era... but after 9-10 hours of walking in 35 degrees and 10000 % of humidity around 10 kms in Tokyo... afterwards I just wanted to go home and die peacefully.

I couldn't. I just arrived when my lads knocked my door that a Spanish guy has his birthday and we have to go to celebrate so I have to leave the dorm with them ASAP. Ok. It was an epic fail. The organizers made a ridiculous mistake. They set a place for the meeting point where previously we have never ever met. And in Tokyo it's not working like anywhere else in the world. Every subway has 2-3 substations, 4-5 exits, infinite amount of people.. you just cannot find your lads in an unfamiliar place. Cos for sure you'll get lost or wait 5 meters away and in the crowd you cannot find your friends. Sooo we cannot find the Spanish guy. so after some searching we returned to the dorm and while I was supertired I just went to sleep.

Today I needed to get up at 7 (again) to check out the fish market (again). It was ok. I mean... loads of dead fish and guys who are cutting them. It was interesting but if U R not so fishg33k it's not that big stuff. Later I've checked out an art gallery and the famous Budokan arena...which is a Judo and Sumo hall but many famous metal and rock bands recorded there DVD's. So it was nice.

And in some minutes I'll go to Kyoto I'll arrive back on Tuesday morning. Kyoto, Nara, Osaka. Yeeey! I still have to pack my stuff we'll travel with nighbus. So no blog and online activity for some days. But if you cannot live without the blog... here are some picks from the past few days:

https://picasaweb.google.com/118083557565230008160/TokyoCh10Museums_Zoo_Edo_JAXA_Fireworks?authkey=Gv1sRgCJXl043g0c_VGw
https://picasaweb.google.com/118083557565230008160/TokyoCh11TachikawaWeekend_CatCafe_Baseball?authkey=Gv1sRgCNLqr7Hp69z9jAE
https://picasaweb.google.com/118083557565230008160/TokyoCh12Holiday1_Odaiba_Museums_Shrines?authkey=Gv1sRgCNjOodeK0szTmwE
https://picasaweb.google.com/118083557565230008160/TokyoCh13Holiday2_TamaTrip?authkey=Gv1sRgCO2xor3MkYjP7QE

I hope you'll like it.

 

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése