2012. július 13., péntek

Charmander, Squirtle, or Bulbasaur?

It was a crazy day.

Yesterday night there was this drinking stuff in my room and the African guy told me.... ok to everyone, that we MUST check out a huge exhibition today. Tokyo science frontier... it is cheap if you pre register it is not so far away from the uni and it's a lot of interesting engineering stuff. BAH!!! So morning after the nice toast called breakfast I went to uni, we did some measurements and... we had 4 hours free time. So... let's check out this science stuff! It was the worst idea ever. It was really, really far away... we traveled there and back at least 3 hours+ registration +printing and stuff... we had only 20 minutes to look around. For the transportation I've paid around 5000 forints and... ok, it was in a nice building it was at a nice area... the exhibition hall is amazing and stuff. But...

First of all. It was an exhibition whee nearly all the companies who are involved in any kind of electronics where there to exhibit their new goods. It is perfect for them... they can check out the new stuffs, buy some machines, blablabla... kind of unofficially as a student we could go in for free to check out the newest technologies. But more than 3 hours of travelling, a lot of money... totally didn't worth it. I mean during this small time I checked out of course the products of the RF engineering measurement companies... Anritsu, Agilent, Rhode & Schwarz, etc. And it was nice... their products were amazing. But just some new functions, better preciosity, nicer displays, more interesting modules... amazing things but nothing really extraordinary. And this I think didn't worth that much travelling and money and stuff. Especially while at most of the stands the exhibitors and the engineers couldn't speak too much English (the hostesses couldn't speak english at all...) so... It didn't worth the time and money. Ok for the African guy probably everything is amazing what can kill a scorpion and more developed than a wooden box, but still... Ok, there were in limited hours and times some crazy robotic shows but we couldn't check that out... and everything there is still really prototype.

Afterwards we continued the labwork. I've realized that the only way to communicate with my labmates is to write. They cannot speak English. they can read and write but cannot speak. And not like... they have horrible accent. they cannot say words they do not understand our "non Japanese accent"... so we need to write down everything. 

Later we've met with Yuki and some trainees to check out.. a festival. And it was amazing! Really. My first really amazing, truly Japanese experience! there is a really huge shrine and next to it there is a big park where there are memories of the 2nd world war's fallen soldiers. So there was a huge celebration for them and it was amazing. Incredible big crowd, people everywhere, amazing lights, stalls, shops, kiosks everywhere. You could buy crazy manga stuffs, crazy party stuffs... crazy Japanese jojos, fish, masks... lot of people dressed up in trad Japanese clothes and around a statue people were dancing trad Japanese dances. Further there was a trad Japanese drum show. It was really amazing. Like... these are things for which it is worthy to go an exchange program. To go to Japan to a really traditional Japanese festival. It is really undescribeable. The atmosphere, the people, the goods, the cultural heritage and the music, in the people... everyone had a lot of fun and you could get a piece of the country what not too many people can. It was something really amazing. We also hanged out laughed and talked a lot. Took some food, some beer and enjoyed the crowed and all the crazyness. I've made some videos... I act a lilbit rude but it was just teasing... and I was asking the Japanese people if they have to choose which Pokemon they would choose from this three.  Childhood memories... :D Anyway it was a big fun. And btw Squirtle've won. I've made some pics and some videos. The videos supposed to be funny but right now as I'm watching them I'm not sure about it... especially because of their quality. Anyway I think later I'll put them online and share with some close friends.

https://picasaweb.google.com/118083557565230008160/TokyoCh4JapaneseFestivalSights?authkey=Gv1sRgCMeNyKX32s2kXQ

Btw. today David Guetta is headlining Balaton Sound. Many great bros are there, have fun guys! I hope all of you'll have as much memories afterwards as I have from last time;)

2 megjegyzés:

  1. Woao Marci! I've just read all your entries! you surely write a lot like always!! I don't know from where do you get the time! I think that are you not sleeping at all or something! jaja.

    I'm very jelous due to the experience you are living, but in a positive way! Enjoy it as much as you can! Although as I see it's quite expensive everything!! What a pity!!

    PD: Marci!! you are much more worse than me with the photos!! You upload all the photos although they have bad quality or they are almost the same. You are learning a lot from me with it!! you are a good pupil! xD

    VálaszTörlés
  2. :D Thanks a lot Lydia! I'm trying to do my best... :D

    VálaszTörlés